We received a call from a customer who left a pot of food simmering. Food left unattended can slowly burn leaving extreme odor that travels thru a home into textiles and HVAC systems. The odor can penetrate walls, insulation and much more. This pot was so hot that it burnt the finish off the bottom and the inside.
Practice these safety tips in the kitchen: 1) Never leave your range or cooktop unattended while cooking. 2) Wear short, close-fitting or tightly rolled sleeves. 3) Keep your cooking area clean and free of combustible materials. 4) Keep packaging, oven mitts & towels away from your stovetop. 5) Be sure to clean up any spills or splattered grease. 6) Keep a fire extinguisher readily available.
If you have any smoke or fire damage, give SERVPRO of South Tampa a call at (813) 839-6633.